Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Obsidian Review

Obsidian (Lux, #1)Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


*Takes a deep breath in* Ok, now that I've calmed myself... oh who am I kidding?!?! I cannot calm myself after the encounter I had with Obsidian!! Needless to say, I didn't heed warning and started reading this book at 9pm, I stayed up until 2am to finish. Obsidian is a page turner. There were several moments when my heart may have stopped beating. Obsidian has to be one of the top 5 books of the year for me.

I applaud Jennifer Armentrout for several different reasons. First and foremost, for making a lead character that I can 100% relate to, a shy/reader/blogger/nerd, but when challenged she doesn't back down. She would do anything for her friends. Secondly, Daemon Black!! The third reason for kudos, is the story line is extraordinary.. its witty, infuriating, steamy, exciting, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Lastly, Daemon Black..

I love the up and down relationship between Katy and Daemon. Their snarky banter had me ROFL. One of my favorite scenes:

"Is this what you do with your spare time?" He asked me, ignoring his sister.

"What-are you deciding to talk to me now?" Smiling tightly, I grabbed a handful of mulch and dumped it. Rinse and repeat. "Yeah, it's kind of a hobby. What's yours? Kicking puppies?"


Obsidian is YA Literature at its prime! A definite must read!!

2 comments:

Atmika@I Talk Books! said...

I loved this book too. I have been swooning over Daemon ever since. :D

Unknown said...

I can't wait to get a hold of this book! Great review :D
RB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...