Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

In the Stillness Review

In The Stillness by Andrea Randall



Natalie is a wife.
Natalie is a mother.
Natalie is a cutter.

Clawing at walls built by resentment, regret, and guilt, Natalie cuts as an escape from a life she never planned. 

Staying present is only possible when you let go of the past. But, what if the past won't let go?











My Review

In The Stillness is A-FREAKING-MAZING!!!!!! 

It deals with some very serious issues and hits home in a lot of ways! I can hardly write this review without getting choked up...

description

This book will rip your heart to pieces..

description

It is dark and depressing and you can literally feel yourself going down that Natalie's path of despair. Into the path of self-harm and despair. She is strong, yet weak. Natalie loved Ryker but after tragedy struck, and he left for war, could she be strong enough for the both of them? Her strength was well hidden in between the lines in her skin. She tries to be strong for him, but he has issues of his own to deal with. And their whole world goes tumbling down.

description

When I started reading this book I had no clue what to expect, but what I found struck me in an extremely profound way. It's so easy for people to pretend to be happy and that's where we meet Nat, in a 5 year old, very unhappy marriage with Eric. While he's making a successful life for himself, Nat is hitting rock bottom as a stay at home mom. Slowly, the past that she's tried to forget comes back to haunt her. Natalie realizes that she has to deal with her issues from 10 years ago, to get on with her current life.

I'm not going to go into much more details as that, for you NEED to read this book! It is very gritty and deals with PTSD, Abuse, Adultery, and Self-harm. It will take you some very dark places but you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. It has inspired me!

On a more personal note, I've have a friend that struggles with self harm, and it has helped me more than anything understand her pain and where she is coming from. While looking for pictures for this review on Tumblr, I was devastated at the number of people that struggle with the same issues. And today happens to be Project 4/16, and I will be wearing my ; in support of everyone who suffers from anxiety and depression. Your story isn't over yet!

description



Simply Amazing. Love x Infinity!



1 comment:

Ashley said...

This story definitely sounds intense. Not sure if it is my type of story but I might give it a try. Great review.

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...