Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Changelings Review

The Changelings (War of the Fae, #1)The Changelings by Elle Casey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Wow! This book has been one of my favorites to read thus far. The author, Elle Casey, definitely has a way with words, especially the well placed curse word. I loved it that she's not afraid to use them. Her writing is also full of humor. One scene in particular, literally had me LMAO!! This book is a definite must read, in my opinion.

The main character Jayne is a foul-mouthed, outcast at school. Jayne and her best friend Tony, decide to run away from their troubled home life. The two find themselves boning with a group of other runaways. The group decides to participate in a “fitness trial” for $500.

The teens find themselves in the midst of a strange forest with nothing but a backpack, a weapon, and no rules but to finish the obstacle course. This forest is no ordinary forest, and the teens are no ordinary teens. They all have to stick together to make it out alive. In the end, Jayne winds up with a new family and an affinity for hugging trees.

“Um, hello, Tree. I’m Jayne… and this is Becky. We want to hug you, so here we are. You’re.. um.. a really nice looking tree, so that’s why we picked you. I mean, all the trees here are nice looking and all…”




View all my reviews

1 comment:

Elle Casey said...

Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed it. If you want to ask Jayne or Tim a question, they will be interviewed on another book blog in a couple weeks. Just submit your question on my Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/ellecaseytheauthor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...