Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grasping at Eternity Review

Grasping at Eternity (The Kindrily Series, #1)Grasping at Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Thank you to Karen Hooper for providing me with a copy for review! It was an honor.

As mentioned before I started reading, this book was My Name is Memory meets X-Men. I was a bit skeptical but excited, because I really didn't like the ending of Memory, however I love the X-men (especially Wolverine)! I was surprised at how well it exceeded my expectations, and the ending was beautiful and touching. The at times heartbreaking/roller coaster romance pulled at my heart strings. I finished this book in little over 4 hours, couldn't put it down. Whether you like a good romance or paranormal book, Grasping at Eternity is a must read.

Maryah's life was turned upside down one night, as she soon finds herself in Arizona at the home of her godmother. Everything she has known is gone; sometimes, it seems, her sanity is gone as well. She has dreams of a green-eyed death angel.

That angel turns out to be Nathan, the son of her godmother. Unbeknownst to Maryah, Nathan has loved her for a very long time and is devastatingly heartbroken that she choose this decision. Nathan's problem is believing in fate and that true love will conquer all.

Meanwhile, Maryah struggles to fit into her new family, deal with the issues with her past, while trying to manage the ups and downs of her relationship with Nathan. As she inches closer to the truth, so do the people that that wish to do her harm. Can she find Nathan in her heart before someone else harms her...

I loved the opening quote that Karen Hooper used, "If you love someone, put their name in a circle; because hearts can be broken, and circles never end. -Anonymous" <3!!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...