Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey.
Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!


I am in the middle of reading two books right now.. the first of which is Rule. I love this book so far, it is a great New Adult Contemp and I can see this one going far! I got a lot of books read this weekend and plan on reviewing a few. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I had loved Rule Archer since the first moment I ever laid eyes on him. He was everything I shouldn't want and the only person I went out of my way to not try and please. He only saw me as a brat, and an entitled, stuck up princess but worse than that all he saw when he looked at me was his deceased twins girl. It broke my heart because as much as I had loved Remy Archer there was never anything romantic between us and no matter how hard I tried to convince myself that loving Rule was a terrible idea, my poor heart just wouldn't listen. We tolerated each other, barely and had forged an uneasy alliance until one night I had too much to drink and changed the way we were forever. Suddenly life long secrets were no longer hidden and the one thing I always wanted for myself seemed obtainable as long as I was willing to go through hell to hold onto it.

Shaw Landon was a class act and I had no idea what to do with her. She was tied to my family, tied to the person that was my other half so I tolerated her and her haughty attitude when I didn't have any other choice. What I didn't know was that a short skirt and too many cocktails on her birthday was going to change my outlook on her for the rest of my life. Some people thought I hid behind all my tattoos and piercings, that I tried to distance myself from my dead twin, Shaw saw through it all and wasn't scared of what was underneath. We weren't supposed to be together, weren't supposed to be anything up uncomfortable acquaintances but that all changed in the blink of an eye. Now I had to figure out just how a girl like her and a guy like me were supposed to be in love without destroying each other. Add in her custom made ex and two disapproving sets of parents and the whole situation sounded like it was more trouble then it was worth.

Recommended for mature readers due to sexual content, language and drinking


Books I read last week:

Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1)If You StayFlawedThe Proposal (The Proposition, #2)DirtyFirst Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)


2 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Haven't heard t one! Hope you enjoy it!

Here's my Monday Wrapup

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Ciska said...

That are some great books you read. I love First Grave on the Right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...