Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

ARC Ironskin Review

Ironskin (Ironskin, #1)Ironskin by Tina Connolly

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

ARC courtesy of Netgalley. This book was quite unique.. I couldn't decide if it was more dystopian or steampunk, but none the less it was good. There were a lot of mysteries that needed to be solved, which kept the pages turning. I wish the romance aspect would have been a bit more involved.

I kept thinking of the story of Miracle Worker while reading this. Jane has to teach Dorie, an unruly 5 year old, how to manage her curse, more specifically how to use her hands. In the meantime Jane starts to fall for the girl's father Richard. He seems interested sometimes, but theres no way that can be true because he is always surrounded by gorgeous women. There are so many things for young Jane to learn.. at the top of the list is how to control the rage that is deep within her.

2 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

Well, I like dystpoian, but Im not really into steampunk.
And, I hate it when the romance is so far on the back burner that you wish it was more involved.
Im a romance junkie... haha. :)

Great review

Unknown said...

Great review! I love the cover :)

I nominated you for the Versitale Blog Award...If you interested in participating you can find out more info Here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...