Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

House of Grey and Graves Review

The House of Gray and Graves (The Houses Trilogy, #1)The House of Gray and Graves by C.M. Stunich

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really didn't know what to expect when I received this book (it's the first zombie book I've read.. partly because I'm a chicken, and don't like being scared), but I was easily seduced by this book. I was slow to catch onto the story line for the first few chapters, but once I did, I was taken aback..
1)Because of the hot love scenes and fae guys ;)
2)The ever evolving action, deceit, adventure, and death.. if it wasn't one thing it was another.

I also liked the formatting of the chapters, the Author takes a second to explain the supernatural creatures/beings that are included in the book. I needed the explanation for some of them, because I've never heard of them.

I liked the heroine in this book, she is easy to relate to, in the beginning she is vulnerable. But she eventually discovers her destiny, and finds her voice and stubborn side (which makes you want to kick her in the butt sometimes). Her zombie side sounded pretty gross too! Good thing for charms to make her normal.

All in all I loved this book and can't wait for the second!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...