Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Weigh In Wednesday



This is a new weekly meme hosted by Lauren from Epilogue Review. Each week there will be a something vs. something topic for you to post your thoughts about. Make sure to visit Lauren at her awesome blog, Epilogue Review, and also check out the other nifty blogs also participating. :)

Todays topic: Adult Fiction vs. Ya Fiction

I like the perfect 50/50 combination of both, I cannot choose and read them both. I think it depends upon my mood. I get to relive my high school days when reading YA. I also love the innocence and anticipation of a first kiss, but it usually lingers on throughout the whole book.

I think Julia Haygert (@Julia_Haygert) put it best at a recent Indie chat discussion on twitter. "I love YA but sometimes I get tired of omg-that-guy-is-hot-but-I've-never-been-kissed-before thing. NA jumps that phase ;) ‪#Indiechat‬"

I am a grownup, I like to read edgier material as well; but I don't want to be in the Harlequin Romance novels category like my mother lol. Some of the books are set in college and skips that first kiss part, but there more things to anticipate, new love.. stronger emotions.. for me I can relate to them a little more, since it is around my age range.

Favorite Example of YA: Delirium, or the Shadow Falls Series
Favorite Example of NA: Beautiful Disaster, Inhale, and House of Grey and Graves

6 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Hahahaha, I love both YA & adult & I agree with you & Julia (perfect said) that's why I prefer a little more adult fiction ;) And I'm such a moody reader, too :)

Thanks for visiting my WiW post!

Laura said...

Hi there! I'm totally YA because I need the drama and the hysterical people to feel better about my hysterical and dramatic self! I get, though, that there will be a day when I start caring a bit less about cafeteria - fights and dive into the real, grown-up world...or - knowing myself-maybe...not...

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Great post. Also, good news: you've been awarded the versatile blogger award:
itchingforbooks.blogspot.com

by the way, new follower!

SC Langgle said...

I like both too, although I haven't read any of the NA books you've mentioned...have to get on that! I think it's very frustrating that the book industry creates such a hard distinction between YA (high school), and adult (usually over 25), but luckily indie authors are starting to bridge that gap!

Unknown said...

SC, I definitely recommend Beautiful Disaster. It is the only book I have re-read this year. It is a love story but it is so beautifully written! It is seriously heartbreaking at times. If you have a kindle I can loan it to you.

I really think that I would read any Fiction, as long as the story line is good.

Stepping Out of the Page said...

Fantastic answer! I love YA but I have also loved a lot of adult fiction books too. I think my heart does belong to young adult books though!

New to your blog!
Steph @ Stepping Out of the Page
P.S. I'm also holding an International Giveaway :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...