Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Liebster Blog Award



A big thanks to Christine, at Heart is in the Write Place, who presented me and ten other bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award, an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers. I'm really grateful to her for passing on the award because I'm still so new at blogging and it was a nice surprise to hear about this! Also, I think this will be a cool way to meet other bloggers by passing the award on to 11 new bloggers!

"Award winners share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who tagged them, come up with 11 of their own questions and tag 11 more bloggers with the award." (qtd. in The Headless Owl blog).

Here are my answers to Christine's questions, facts, new nominees, and questions for my nominees.

11 Facts About Me

1. I am a coffee-a-holic.. like literally! I am useless without it, a certified zombie.

2. Pool shark is my middle name, well I pretend it is. I have a couple of trophies to support the claim.

3. I love animals.. especially my Frenchie PJ and my kitty Marley.

4. Raisins and most dried fruit are my mortal enemies... gag city!

5. I am an avid Pinner on Pintrest, and have a Virtual Craft list that I'll probably never accomplish.

6. I only associate actors by the superhero's they play, so I am a lover of Thor, Iron Man, Green Lantern, Wolverine.. the list can just go on and on.

7. I have a Game of Thrones Nerd-herd, we chat about the television show, as well as discuss conspiracies about The Winds of Winter. Oh and my love of Jon Snow!

8. My MP3 player is still stuck in the 90's rock era, with the exception of a few modern bands.

9. I had only read a handful of books until I discovered the kindle app on my phone, and everything has been downhill ever since.

10. Mitch Hedberg is my all time favorite comedian, he had some of the best one-liners ever! "A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer."

11. If I could vacation anywhere it would be in Italy.

Answers to Christine's questions

1. If you were stranded in a solitary room for 24 hours would you rather spend your time reading or writing?
Tough one.. but the winner would be reading. I have to get in the zone to write, it's much easier to read.
2. If you were to write a book, what genre would you write (fiction, non-fiction, memoir, YA, self-help, psychological, horror, etc)?
I would write fiction.. probably YA, but also contemporary romance.
3. If you were forced to choose between eating a burger and french fries for a year or pizza and french fries, which would you choose?
Pizza and fries.. as long as I could mix up the toppings.
4. Who is someone you find really inspirational and why (it can be a relative, close friend, author, celebrity, etc)?
I try to find inspiration in everything, really. I definitely find inspiration in my son.. his youthfulness and enthusiasm. My friends and family also inspire me in different ways. But certain authors inspire me.. more from the writing prospective and not a story line but yeah...
5. What book did you read most recently and did you enjoy it?
I just read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and loved it! It was weird, kinda like me =)
6. Use three words to describe your style of dress (I know one of mine would be comfortable!).
Comfortable..
7. What are three words you think your friends would use to describe you?
Quirky, intelligent, and caring
8. What is your favorite part of blogging?
Hearing what other readers had to say about a book!
9. Would you rather be a famous writer, songwriter, or actor/actress?
WRITER!!
10. What is one of your funniest memories from childhood?
This is a good one: My family and I were camping, and my annoying little brother (9 at the time) kept bugging to light the campfire. Though my parents refused, he kept insisting. So my dad doused the wood with lighter fluid and gave him the paper plate that was lit on fire, then instructed him to toss it into the pit. Well, my little brother didn't listen, and leaned over and slowly placed it into the pit. The fire came to life with a roar, and singed his eyebrows right off! (BTW he wasn't harmed by this, only his eyebrows). I was ROFLMBO!!
11. If someone asked you why you love reading so much what would you reply?
So I could live somewhere else, be someone else, have a different reality.



My Questions for Other Bloggers:

1. EBook or Real Book?
2. Favorite reading conditions?
3. Who instilled the love of reading in you?
4. Name a book that has made you Cry. And one that made you LOL.
5. What genre does your library mainly consist of?
6. Who is your book BF or crush?
7. What is your favorite part of blogging?
8. What is your nerdiest quality, besides reading?
9. Any embarrassing stories you'd like to share?
10. If you could meet any author, living or dead, who would it be?
11. If you could change the ending to any book, which would it be, and how would you change it?

Nominate Bloggers (in no general order):

1. The Book Parade

2. Worth Reading It?

3. Bookworm 8921

4. Project Read and Review

5. Coffee, Cookies, and Chili Peppers

6. Love Big, Read Big

7. Reader with a Voice

8. Diamonds & Coal Book Reviews

9. The Inky Melody

10. Nette's Bookshelf Reviews

11. Quixotically Uncharted

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the nomination! :)

Elle said...

Thanks you for nominating me!!! :D

Unknown said...

Thank you for nominating me! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Ashley!

Looks-Mostly-Harmless said...

Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...