Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Gone Girl Review

Gone GirlGone Girl by Gillian Flynn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Wow.. this book was effed up! (in a good way of course) It's well written and even more suspenseful than Flynn's other novels. I found myself re-reading a lot of the book, because my eyes were flying ahead to see what was going on. I am glad to say I finished the book, for two reasons.. 1. my nerves can rest, and 2. I can rest (I stayed up all night reading!)

I've thought a lot about the summary for this book, and it's hard to summarize without giving too much away. I want you to be as shocked as I was.. so here's a succinct review.

On the day of their anniversary, Nick comes home to find that his wife is missing and worse yet it looks like there had been a struggle. The investigation points to Nick, while he pleas incense.. he knows deep down that Amy is alive. Secrets are revealed, lies are told. People are crazy... literally, and no one is ever who they seem.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eep! I have to wait for 28 people to finish reading this book before I can check it out from the library. I just got her Dark Places, I heard she writes really good dark and suspenseful novels. Looking forward to reading this book myself.

Jessica said...

Hmmm, even more excited for it now! *sigh* Still on the waiting list for it though...


Crazy Red Pen

Susan said...

Gone Girl was one crazy piece of a book. I mean there's literally not much I can say without giving stuff away.

I wrote a mini-review here:
http://thesisterstale.blogspot.com/search/label/gone%20girl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...