Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's Monday, What are You Reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey.
Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!


After waiting five long weeks, I was finally able to borrow Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I am very excited, I have loved her previous books especially Sharp Objects!

On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer?

As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn’t do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?



I love this cover, and have had the ARC waiting to be reviewed!

When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong to bear, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

Unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.


I have soooo many books in waiting, it's hard telling what else I'll read this week! What are you reading?

27 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Both of those sound amazing. I know what you mean about having a bunch waiting too. My Monday Report is here. Happy reading!

The Relentless Reader said...

I'm waiting for a copy of Gone Girl to come for me at the library. I'm not a fan of waiting! lol ;)

The cover of Splintered is GORGEOUS! I hope you enjoy the insides just as much :)

Have a great week of reading!
The Relentless Reader

pussreboots said...

Splintered sounds good. My favorite book this week was the audio of Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Please come see what I'm reading now.

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy Gone Girl, I thought it was fabulous

Have a great reading week,
Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

TP said...

Oh my gosh - I'm still waiting for the audiobook of Gone Girl from the library - I might just have to get the print book instead as I want to read it so badly! My reading list is insanely long too - hope whatever you pick, it's something you enjoy :-)

Tanya Patrice
Girlxoxo.com

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Nice! I thought about requesting Splintered but I hesitated for some reason. Might wait for reviews before deciding if I need to read this! Happy Reading!

Here's my Monday Wrapup

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

I loved Gone Girl it was really amazing! Thanks for coming by!

aliaa said...

Oh I've been dying to read splintered myself! Hope you enjoyed it :)
I have a huge pile myself, and with university starting up again I am not sure how I am going to cope, but hope to limit my pile.
Goodluck to you!

Aliaa

Kate @ Kates Book Life said...

I need Splintered that cover is just beautiful!!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I LOVED Gone Girl and Sharp Objects...hope to read Dark Places soon....and I also adore the cover on Splintered. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Sam @ The Little Munchkin Reader said...

Love the cover of Splintered!

The Brunette Librarian said...

SOOO jealous you've read Gone girl! :) Did you like it or love it? I've heard awesome things but am waiting on the holds list at my library. :/

Have a wonderful reading week :)
Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)

Jen | Book Den said...

I love that cover for Splintered! I hope it's a really great read for you. :)

Unknown said...

Gone Girl sounds really fantastic, I added it to my TBR list :)

Shan said...

I plan to read Gone Girl in the next few weeks. Hope you enjoy your books.
Here's My Monday

Aleksandra said...

I've heard that both of these are pretty good, so I hope you'll enjoy them, they're both on my wishlist :)

Happy reading & have a great week!

Jessica said...

Congrats on getting a copy of Gone Girl! It's been on my TBR list since a positive review of it appeared in Time Magazine! I hope it's as good as the reviews make it out to be and that you'll enjoy it!

My copy of it on the other hand, is still at the library... D: (I'm on the waiting list for it... *sigh*)

My book blog: Crazy Red Pen

Kristin said...

I've heard great things about Gone Girl - will definitely have to pick it up one of these days.

Have a great week!
~Kristin @ Always With a Book

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

I loved Gone Girl!!

The cover of Splintered is gorgeous ~ I will have to check out your review!

Michelles Paranormal Vault Of Books said...

That cover of Splinterd is so pretty, love that. :)
Bet the book is good too.
Here is my post
It’s Monday! What are You Reading Post

Unknown said...

Two amazing books! They're both on my wish list! Thanks for stopping by!

Shelly G. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I am loving Gone Girl so far...it's very well written!

Between the Bind said...

AMAZING reads this week! I am looking so forward to reading Gone Girl and the cover to Splintered is GORGEOUS!

Thank you for stopping by Between the Bind!

xo,
JL

Liesel K. Hill said...

I've heard great things about Gone Girl. You'll have to tell us how you like it! :D Never heard of the second one, though. Hope it's good too! :D

Lei said...

The cover for Splintered looks amazing.

Laura BurgandyIce said...

Fun!! I'll be reading Splintered some time soon-ish, I think. Who knows! I can't wait to see what you think of it! I love the cover, too! ENJOY!

Teddyree said...

Everyone who's read Gone Girl raves about it. Cool cover on Splintered, it sounds awesome too. Have a great week and happy reading :)
Thanks for visiting my blog too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...