Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Daughter of Smoke and Bone Review

Daughter of Smoke and BoneDaughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor


This book was amazing.. brilliant even. I loved the story that Taylor created, it was a little weird but completely believable. It is written in 3rd person, which I usually don't care for.. but it was well written and I loved everyone of the the characters too! Karou.. Blue-haired, artist, and kick-ass heroine. Zuzana.. snarky, small, sarcastic, best friend. Kaz.. handsome, pompous, narcissistic ex-boyfriend. And my favourite character of all, Akiva.. perfect, beautiful, angel, hard yet loving. This story took me to places I've never been, with creatures I've yet to imagine. The setting is all over the place, Prague is the main setting, though not for long. I seriously can't think of one complaint about this book, other than I have to wait to read the second.

This summary is going to be very hard to explain, because I don't want to give anything away.. but also it is so intricate that you'd have to read it to truly understand the depths of amazingness. So, here's my best shot at it.

Karou was born knowing that her family was different.. really different, meaning not human. She had always wondered how she, a human ended up in with Brimstone. He was a chimera half beast, half human. She lived a normal life for the most part, attending art school with her best friend Zuzana.. that is when she wasn't running errands for Brimstone. The errands were anything but normal too.. she had to collect teeth, human and animal teeth.

Karou's world is turned upside down the day she meet's Akiva.

His gaze was like a lit fuse, scorching the air between them. He was the most beautiful thing Karou had ever seen. Her first thought, incongruous but overpowering, was to memorize him so she could draw him later.

Akiva knows the secrets to her past, and is the only who knows what she is. The problem, he's the enemy, and his past could ruin their future. I highly recommend this book, it is a bit challenging but well worth it!


Words can't explain the Love I feel for this book!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review Ashley. Love books where the heroine falls for the enemy. I have this on my TBR pile. Have a great week.

Jessica said...

I love this book! It's written so well and everything is woven together so perfectly! So excited for the release of the sequel in November!

Crazy Red Pen

Unknown said...

Yes super amazing!!! The myth is so fresh and the writing so vivid. The setting is so exotic and the characters too! Can't wait for book 2 and the movie!

Wordsmith Publicity said...

My friend April made a Sims Trailer for this book. She loves this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...