Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Semi-Chaotic Review of The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green

On a scale on 1-10 how bad is the pain? This book it's a 10 (10 x a million to be exact).

*The next rant possibly contains spoilers.. so if you haven't read the book wait to read my review. Also, I am not reviewing this in any set form as I would usually, because I am have so many things to say about this book.*




I will start by saying, this book is amazingly written and beautifully tragic. It left it's mark. I love it and I hate it! The love of my (book) life died last night and my heart is still reeling. Just the thought of TFIOS leaves me in a puddle of tears. Everyone has been up in arms about it, and I have had it on my tbr list. The funny part, I had NO clue what this book was about. I just borrowed with the expectations that it would be good. But when I learned this was a book about cancer, I knew it wouldn't end well.

I fell in love with Augustus Winters.. who wouldn't!?! His character had such a big heart.. he was funny, giving, kind... beautiful! He wasn't down due to the fact that he had one leg, he wasn't down because most of his friends were dead or dying. He was a wish fulfiller and even after he was gone he still managed to giving Hazel Grace her wishes. I loved him for the egg scene and even more for editing his eulogy.

I liked that he was a tenured professor in the Department of Slightly Crooked Smiles with a dual appointment in the Department of Having a Voice That Made My Skin Feel More Like Skin.

Side notes: I am from Indiana, and have visited most of the places mentioned in this book. I had no clue who John Green was, nor the fact that we shared a state. My obviously small minded self, had serious doubts that a Green could deliver a convincing female POV, in which he proved me wrong!! I also work in the research field that seeks to improve (hopefully cure) cancer, and this book is quite possibly the best motivation.


This book was amazing yet tragic!!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I read the review despite your warning. :P But I don't think you gave much away though. I love your review! And I can't wait to read this book! Thanks! :)
Hira

Michelle said...

I read this book 6 months ago and I'm still recovering!

Jessica said...

I also read this book recently! I love how real and genuine it was. The story could have turned into a pity party but John Green made it into a book about strength and living.

West Virginia Red said...

I cried until my tee shirt was actually wet. I loved this book. It is the Cold Mountain of YA books.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...