Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Destroy Me Review

Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Mafi never ceases to amaze me with her writing. Destroy Me was unbelievably awesome, as predicted. It was so sad though. I just want to wrap Warren up in a big hug. I now have a better understanding of him.. I feel sorry for him. I kind of wish his situation were different so he could be with Juliette. The truth is they are more alike than we all think, the difference is that Juliette stands up for what she feels. But the saddest part is not the feelings you have for Warren, but the diary entries that Juliette wrote while in the asylum.

The novella was a relatively short read, and I had about 10 quotes highlighted.

Here are my favourite two quotes:

Swallow the tears back often enough and they'll start feeling like acid dripping down your throat.

It's like there are a million screams caught inside of my chest but I have to keep them all in because what's the point of screaming if you'll never be heard and no one will ever hear me in here.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh! I so, so, so wanna get my hands on this book D: It sounds so amazing and I agree, Mafi's writing is mind blowing. So glad this book is finally released.

Happy Dance~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...