Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

It's Monday, What are You Reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey.
Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!


Historical Fiction is usually a genre that I shy away from, but this week I am reading Life: An Exlploded Diagram. I am reading it for a YA Book club I joined. I hear the romance is swoony, so here's hoping...

Goodreads Blurb:
Carnegie Medalist Mal Peet ignites an epic tale of young love against the dramatic backdrop of the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Can love survive a lifetime? When working-class Clem Ackroyd falls for Frankie Mortimer, the gorgeous daughter of a wealthy local landowner, he has no hope that it can. After all, the world teeters on the brink of war, and bombs could rain down any minute over the bleak English countryside--just as they did seventeen years ago as his mother, pregnant with him, tended her garden. This time, Clem may not survive. Told in cinematic style by acclaimed writer Mal Peet, this brilliant coming-of-age novel is a gripping family portrait that interweaves the stories of three generations and the terrifying crises that de? ne them. With its urgent sense of history, sweeping emotion, and winning young narrator, Mal Peet's latest is an unforgettable, timely exploration of life during wartime.


Last Week I Read:

Uses for BoysDays of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)Bonds of Trust (Wicked Play, #1)Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)6 Seconds of Life

Oh.. how could I forget?! I reread ONYX, needing a little Daemon in my life :D

Onyx (Lux, #2)

Up Next (possibly):

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)New Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles #1)DarklandiaReflectionReaction (Reflection, #2)Crash (Crash, #1)


What are you reading? Feel free to share your link and I will return the comment love :D Have a good week!

14 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

So what are you reading?!

Here's my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I hope you will drop by!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Nice! I am hoping to get to Onyx eventually! Need to get back to some of my earlier releases though!

Thanks for visiting my Monday post!


Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Unknown said...

Lol I am reading Life: An Exploded Diagram.

Shelly G. said...

Thanks for stopping by my page! This book looks promising...I will be waiting to see what you think of it!

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

I really want to read the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series; it sounds really good! I have heard a lot of good things about Armentrout. :) Have a great week!

Nise' said...

Looking forward to Days of Blood and Starlight! Enjoy your books this week.

Anonymous said...

I keep going back and forth with reading Perfect Chemistry. I keep adding it and then taking it off of my tbr list lol.

Unknown said...

It's a good Contemporary Romance, I really liked it.. if you liked Pushing the Limits you'd probably like it.

West Virginia Red said...

I haven't heard of this one. I don't usually read comtemp YA. But I am so jealous about Days of Blood and Starlight. I can't wait to read that one.

Unknown said...

Those look good! I read Onyx only once but I'm craving my Deamon dose so I might reread it again.
Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you enjoy what you'll read next!

Unknown said...

You've read some awesome books! Thanks for stopping by:)

Happy reading!!

Kate @ Kates Book Life said...

Great books you read the past week and some good ones coming up this week too :)

Teddyree said...

Hadn't heard of Life: An Exploded Diagram until now but it sounds good! Have a great week and happy reading :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of Life: An Exploded Diagram. Hope you enjoy reading it! Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ Fantasy Book Chick!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...