Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Monday, What are you Reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey.
Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!



Currently Reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone, it is AHMAZING so far. Goodreads Blurb:

Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages--not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.

When one of the strangers--beautiful, haunted Akiva--fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?

Reviews to come:
The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
Lunangelique by Kristen Campbell

Books I May Read Next:
Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Easy by by Tammara Webber
The Existence Trilogy by Abbi Glines
... and many other possibilities :P

What are you reading?

13 comments:

heather said...

That sounds really good. i'll have to check it out.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

OOh nice! I loooved The Lost Prince! Hope you enjoyed it too! Happy Reading!

Here's my Monday Wrapup

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

I definitely want to read this series, I have read such good things about it.

The Raven Boys is at the top of my TBR - it sounds so good!

Teddyree said...

I liked The Raven Boys, had to read it I'm a Maggie Stiefvater fan but it wasn't a favourite read. I've heard great things about Easy, it's on my wishlist.
Have a great week and happy reading :)

Shelly G. said...

This one is on my list to buy! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Aleksandra said...

I really need to read this book, and I'm glad you're loving it! Happy reading!

Unknown said...

Daughter of Smoke and Bone was easily one of my favorite books of 2011, and I'm so excited for the sequel to be released—just one...more...month! I recommend Laini Taylor's short story collection, Lips Touch, Three Times, too.

Anna @ The Book Hutch
What I'm Reading — Week of October 1, 2012

Unknown said...

Heather, I highly recommend this book!! It's a little weird, but very original.

Lettie said...

Daughter of Smoke and Bone looks amazing- it's currently sitting on my books I need to buy shelf :)
Glad you're enjoying it!
I would reccomend Easy- I loved it!
Have a good week!
Lettie

Unknown said...

OOH, Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I still have to read it, but I've heard amazing things about it! I hope to read it soon myself!

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

Nickle said...

OH NO! Another reason to hate myself. I STILL haven't read this book, and reading another review from someone who loved it is just torture for me. LOL. j/k. I'll survive. I'll get around to this book, hopefully soon.

Unknown said...

Hehe.. I just borrowed it from my library on a whim, and it has to be one of my top 10 reads this year!!

Jen | Book Den said...

I have heard really great things about Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I hope it turns out awesome for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...