Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I will follow back, just leave your link in the comment box! Have an awesometastic weekend!

Q: What writing device or trick most irritates you when reading a book?

I'm not really a picky reader, but one thing that really aggravates me is when writers use 3rd Person POV that is done bad. I have when you're reading 3rd person and within a few paragraphs it goes from talking about how Suzy feels then how Bob feels. I also can't really relate to third person as well. I feel like I have multiple personality syndrome.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm interesting. I also think it can depend on how well the writer incorporates the third person POV! There are a few books that have had me hooked because of it but then there are also quite a few books that make me feel disconnected.

New Follower via RSS! :)
My FF

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

True. 3rd person can be done well, but then yeah, other times transitions get lost and then everything is confusing!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Jennifer said...

Multiple personality syndrome is exactly how I feel in some of those books! I don't mind third person narration, but it needs to be written right. Old follower.

Happy Friday!
Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

Mrs. Jones said...

SOOO true!
I have rarely read a 3rd person book that I enjoyed!
Its just so hard to do it right!

Old follower-
Come check out My FF
-Theresa

Angie said...

I have some issues with third person, too. I always prefer 1st person, since it's more personal. Third person confuses me sometimes since it's not always clear who "she/he" is since everyone is essentially "she/he."

Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

Unknown said...

Love this answer :) New follower via GFC :)
New Follower via GFC :)

My FF Post :)

Michelles Paranormal Vault Of Books said...

I do not mind 3rd person if done right, as if done right it can tell more of the story that you would otherwise not know about. But if badly done, sure, its not fun to read, :)

FF Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...